Re: [ksurf] 10 years anniversary

  • HungVu2000
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
      Hi Josh and Steve,

      Glad to see that you guys are still with the group.

      I am no longer the moderator so I have no idea who is still reading the
      group. Maybe Tim or Tunico may know by checking the member database.

      I would be nice to know who is doing what now.

      As for me, I still kite fairly frequently (besides the daily 15-30
      minutes exercise, kiting keep me in good health) and operate a local
      kite school.

      Hung.

      OneWithWind@... wrote:

      >Hi Hung,
      > Are there many others of us who started out on the list still out there
      >reading it? Stephano used to have a web site about the first 30 of us with
      >little bio's so we could get to know each other better. I'd like to see that
      >again an see where in kiting they are now.
      >PEACE & WINDS
      > Josh Young
      > Onewithwind@...
      >

      >**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.
      >http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

    • rscxx
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
        I dony know you all so much, but I subscribe to the site & like to hear whsayup. was at the dead bird in galveston. Now going to big island hawaii 1st feb, meet mi if u can!
        Dougie

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
          Im flying a peter lynn 10m bomba red dont be shy..

          rscxx <rscxx@...> wrote: I dony know you all so much, but I subscribe to the site & like to hear whsayup. was at the dead bird in galveston. Now going to big island hawaii 1st feb, meet mi if u can!

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 25, 2008
            I'm still reading although i didnt come on board as early as some of you?, Hung, Your advice ( and others here)helped me bigtime and I appreciate that, I got started on 'New Wave Concept air foils" and learned by myself on desert lakes in Arizona, Lots of us paid our dues learning on our own on equipment which was less then ideal and groups like this were our only contact, Nowadays equipment is so good in comparison the newbe's have no clue the dedication it took back then.
            ?Life keeps changing, I moved from the desert to the west coast and started www.Kiteworks.org? ( a Kite repair bussines) while kiting became a lifestyle rather than a sport for me , dealing with the meager winds in San Diego became more than I could deal with so I moved again to South Padre Island Texas , One of the USA's kiting destinations and still do kite repair but not like in San diego where I stayed much busier, now I am semi retired, Kiting everyday there is wind , surfing when there are waves and basically just loving life.
            Thanks to all you who helped change my life for the better.
            On another note, it seems to me with the better equipment these days people dont really look after each other on the water as much as they used to, an incident 3 weeks ago brought this home, the winds were light and my boyfriend and?I went to the flats to mess around with some older kites we hadnt used in a long time, just for something to do and to get wet, a few others were there but only one other getting set up. by the time I launched ,my boyfriend ( John) and Rob were on the water, I headed out going upwind of both when I noticed Robs kite on the water and john heading downwind towards him, I couldnt see Rob moving or trying to relaunch so I went downwind also, when I got there John was resusitating Rob , I went to shore to have someone call 911 and get more help out to John, Rob had a brain anurism, passed out and drowned, John revived him and He is now recovering from brain surgery, The point is, no matter what your skill level or what the conditions, S**T happens, look after your fellow kiters and keep a constant eye on anyone down on the water, take a minute to check them out, The life saved just might be yours !!
            Happy new year and happy tenth Kitesurf !!
            Denise

            OneWithWind@... wrote:

            >Hi Hung,
            > Are there many others of us who started out on the list still out there
            >reading it? Stephano used to have a web site about the first 30 of us with
            >little bio's so we could get to know each other better. I'd like to see that
            >again an see where in kiting they are now.
            >PEACE & WINDS
            > Josh Young
            > Onewithwind@...
            >

            >**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.
            >http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

          • Jake
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 25, 2008
              Best wishes to Rob for a speedy recovery! Sounds like he was lucky to have
              you guys around.

              Happy 10th now go out and kite!

              _____

              rscxx <rscxx@yahoo. <mailto:rscxx%40yahoo.com> com> wrote: I dony know you

              OneWithWind@ <mailto:OneWithWind%40aol.com> aol.com wrote:

              >Hi Hung,
              > Are there many others of us who started out on the list still out there
              >reading it? Stephano used to have a web site about the first 30 of us with
              >little bio's so we could get to know each other better. I'd like to see
              that
              >again an see where in kiting they are now.
              >PEACE & WINDS
              > Josh Young
              > Onewithwind@ <mailto:Onewithwind%40aol.com> aol.com
              >

              >**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.
              >http://body.
              <http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489>
              aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

            • Brown, Mike
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 25, 2008
                So I guess that makes me the other extreme. I joined a month or so ago.
                I've never kitesurfed but want to learn. I purchased a Beamer 3.6 for a
                trainer and I'm looking forward to getting on the water this spring or
                summer.

                Mike

                wrote:
                Hi Josh and Steve,

                Glad to see that you guys are still with the group.

                I am no longer the moderator so I have no idea who is still reading the
                group. Maybe Tim or Tunico may know by checking the member database.

                I would be nice to know who is doing what now.

                As for me, I still kite fairly frequently (besides the daily 15-30
                minutes exercise, kiting keep me in good health) and operate a local
                kite school.

                Hung.

                OneWithWind@ <mailto:OneWithWind%40aol.com> aol.com wrote:

                >Hi Hung,
                > Are there many others of us who started out on the list still out
                there
                >reading it? Stephano used to have a web site about the first 30 of us
                with
                >little bio's so we could get to know each other better. I'd like to see
                that
                >again an see where in kiting they are now.
                >PEACE & WINDS
                > Josh Young
                > Onewithwind@ <mailto:Onewithwind%40aol.com> aol.com
                >

                >**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.
                >http://body.
                <http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489>
                aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

              • loco4olas
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
                  Check out www.kiteforum.com too.

                  ************************

                  wrote:
                  Hi Josh and Steve,

                  Glad to see that you guys are still with the group.

                  I am no longer the moderator so I have no idea who is still reading the
                  group. Maybe Tim or Tunico may know by checking the member database.

                  I would be nice to know who is doing what now.

                  As for me, I still kite fairly frequently (besides the daily 15-30
                  minutes exercise, kiting keep me in good health) and operate a local
                  kite school.

                  Hung.

                  OneWithWind@ <mailto:OneWithWind%40aol.com> aol.com wrote:

                  >Hi Hung,
                  > Are there many others of us who started out on the list still out
                  there
                  >reading it? Stephano used to have a web site about the first 30 of us
                  with
                  >little bio's so we could get to know each other better. I'd like to see
                  that
                  >again an see where in kiting they are now.
                  >PEACE & WINDS
                  > Josh Young
                  > Onewithwind@ <mailto:Onewithwind%40aol.com> aol.com
                  >

                  >**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.
                  >http://body.
                  <http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489>
                  aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

                • Steve
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
                    Alos check out
                    http://kitesurfingschool.org/kitesurfing.htm
                    Steve

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                      Thanks for both links!

                      > So I guess that makes me the other extreme. I joined a month or so
                      ago.
                      > I've never kitesurfed but want to learn. I purchased a Beamer 3.6 for
                      > trainer and I'm looking forward to getting on the water this spring or
                      > summer.
                      >
                      > Mike
                      >
                      > From: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com <mailto:kitesurf%40yahoogroups.com>
                      <mailto:kitesurf%40yahoogroups.com>