Fotos/Report of kite trips to Cape Verde -SAL- Dec06 and Oct07 by RIACTIVA

  • riactiva
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007
      Hi Guys,

      We just came back from Sal, we were there for 1 week, and we want to
      share with you some pictures of this great kitesurfing place.

      Although this is not the best period for wind out there, we had 14-18
      kt everyday, wich is quite good for 12 mt kites.

      Waves were there in punta preta for 2 days(1.5mt),but we did not take
      pictures cause we were on the other side of the place in Kitebeach,
      were the wind is more constant and onshore.

      The water was at the same temperature as the air around 28/29 degrees-
      unbelieveble

      There are more than 200 photos in our link, most of them from the
      landscape and surroundings of the city of Santa Maria. If you want
      more action pics you can check our Dec 2006 folder were we had some
      nice waveriding at punta Leme

      We are planning another trip for the beginning of Dec, were we will
      go with beginers too, and give them the lessons there, if you are
      interested just contact us.

      Overal Sal is a place were you still have this magical island
      feeling, the hospitality of the cape verde people, everything is
      close together, you can move from one spot to the orther in minutes,
      just call a pick up truck(5/7 euros), you have waves and flat water
      to choose from, all kinds of lodging(very important for the ladys), a
      world's top class wave spot-PUNTA PRETA (if you DARE!), just 4 hours
      from the mainland(europe)

      TRIP OCT07
      http://www.riactiva.com/galerias/fotos.asp?bt=2&idp=24&IdGrupo=20
      r />