Re: [ksurf] what type of kite? Paragllider type guy. Aloha & Mahalo

  • crsaniv20y@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2007
      Been there many times with my wife. Lanikai Beach is my favorite beach in the whole world. Sand feels like powered sugar on my feet. However they have two reefs out there that I don't want to meet with my skin. If Spyder is still on this board and in the Kailua Beach area drop a line. I'd love to meet You in person and find the right person to take a lesson from here in Oahu some day when I'm not working at the resort.

      Tommy The Kite Guy from Willoughby Spit Norfolk Virginia Now in Waianae Oahu

      From: crsaniv20y@...
      To: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:28:58 -0400

      I still love my 6.5 Titan and my 4.0 Spirit. More the paraglider types.
      However; I only weigh 130 lb. I went from the outer islands off Cape
      Charles to the main land under the 4.0 Spirit in 30 mph winds a couple of
      years ago. The leader of the group used a 9.0 tube kite. He weighed in at
      about 175 lb. We were the only two that made it across that day. All the
      rest of our group came back by boat. Sorry Pisanos Mike and David. Now that
      I live in Hawaii I'm still looking for a place for a beginner like myself
      to get a good gentle lesson in a place where I won't get busted up on the
      rocks. I live in Waianae and work up at the Makaha Resort and Golf Club.
      I'm not much past the body drag stage.

      Kiteguy, Tommy