Re: [ksurf] Best Kites

  • DeniseSEWA@Aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2007
      The 2007 waroo are much improved over the 2006 and in my opinion the best kite value on the market, the waroo pro will be discontinued for 2008 according to my sources but the waroo will still be produced, these kites are very user friendly, have a very nice bar setup and wide wind range, since most begginers tend to abuse their equipment I think the waroo makes the most sense especially since they are now very durable, I teach with waroos and have been flying them since they first came out, I also have the advantage of getting to fly most of the recent kites( without having to buy them) and since I repair kites for a living get to see first hand the construction quality, with few exceptions almost all the modern(2007) kites fly well and are built well.
      Hope that helps, get lessons and listen to your instructor's advice on equipment,however, since instructors are often associated with certain kite brands look around at what the accomplished locals are flying and keep in mind that certain kite designs are favored for wake style others for freeride and still others for surf , I chose the waroo because it does it all decently.
      Denise

      --- bowtiezzzz <bowtiezzzz@...> wrote:

      > I'm a newbee to the sport and will be buying my
      > first kite!
      > Are Best kites still the best value for the money
      > and have they
      > improved their durability? Are the 2007 models as
      > good as the
      > competiton? Thanks, Jim

    • Ale
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2007
        If you are beginner, go easy with regular waroo 2007. Low cost, big
        performance and complete safetiness it is the good compromise to
        enjoy this sport soon. Be sure to have at least a board about 140-
        150cm lenght depend from your weight and about 40cm width. You just
        need a seat harness and get ready to enjoy!
        Always remember to never under estimate wind power!
        Ale.

        (\
        (/