Re: [ksurf] weight restrictions for kitesurfing

  • thesniki5
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
      Thanks for the assumption of "Armybudiness" is that a word? lol I am
      very encouraged by what you guys are saying to me. My challenge is
      that i live in Thessaloniki Greece, originaly from Texas. And i will
      have to do some interesting buys in order to get this stuff , but
      hey HOW BAD do i want it? i think BAD!!!

      i found a school that teaches in my hometown here and i will go and
      ask them about your suggestions. I have a beach house right on the
      water on the 2nd leg of Halkidiki in Northern Greece. nice air not
      alot of waves.
      I sailed for college in a previous life so as far as sailing goes it
      is perfect
      i believe for kitesurfing it should be as well
      I will keep you all posted

      thanks

      Again

      Teddy
    • DeniseSEWA@Aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
        If you get back to Texas come on down to South Padre Island, conditions here are just about as good as they get and a great bunch of people too.

         I have a friend in CA who is around 280 lbs, he flies a cabrinha contra 23.5 in very light wind and uses a Lightwave 179 board, might be a good combo for you in average winds. the slingshot Machine is another grunty kite in the larger sizes.
        Denise

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
          AAAhh good ol TExas!!! i love it there. It would be cool to learn here
          in Greece and then come to Texas to show off hahahah(joking)
          Kinda like golf!! i lived in dallas area for 14 years and hated the
          sport and when i got to Greece where we have only 3 courses in entire
          country i decide to become a golfing fanatic!!1 it is crazy

          Anyway

          I thank you for your response as well i will look for those 2 items

          Teddy
        • loco 4 olas
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
            Mate,

            The Wallabies are looking for a prop if you wanna' give the kiting and golfing a go downunder ;-)

            Matt

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
              hahha well i think currently i the only position i could make is
              waterboy!!! The good ol days of Rugby are a bit behind me. Maye in
              a year or so i can try out ;-) But i think that currently Kangaroo
              Boxing is more my thing!!!!

              I would love to visit The Land downunder.

              Teddy