Re: [ksurf] weight restrictions for kitesurfing

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10, 2007
      Absolutely possible. You will need a big kite though, I'd guess a 20 in
      average conditions- maybe bigger.

      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada, USA

      thesniki5 wrote:

      > hi there i am 6'4 and weigh around 360 pounds, ex rugby player hahah.
      > I wanted to knwo if you believe it is possible to kitesurf. i am not
      > wanting to fly just yet just want to do it. anyone have any idea if i
      > can
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > Ted

    • thesniki5
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 10, 2007
        thanks for the encouragind response!!!!

        i am in process of loosing more but i think it would be somehting
        fun to do!!

        thanks

        Teddy

        -- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Steve <stevesgroups@...> wrote:

        > Absolutely possible. You will need a big kite though, I'd guess a
        20 in
        > average conditions- maybe bigger.
        >
        > Steve
        > Carson City, Nevada, USA
        >

        > thesniki5 wrote:
        > >
        > > hi there i am 6'4 and weigh around 360 pounds, ex rugby player
        hahah.
        > > I wanted to knwo if you believe it is possible to kitesurf. i am
        not
        > > wanting to fly just yet just want to do it. anyone have any idea
        if i
        > > can
        > >
        > > thanks
        > >
        > > Ted

        7/10/2007 5:44 PM

      • jim cancil
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
          Teddy!!!? God, you would have made a great Army buddy.. Humor aside, why not? Like a
          lot of your toys the scale would be different compared to us 200lbs'ers. Those little pikers
          about 160lbs get all the luck here because they can use anything in the quiver and almost
          any wind.

          The pro boxer - Wladimir Klitschko - has been doing it for a couple of years. He's another
          one who'd have made a good Army buddy ..but he was on the other side of the frickin'
          wall?! Get someone to mod you a waist harness then head down to a place like Cabarete;
          you'll have a good time and they'll love you.

          Jim

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "thesniki5" <thesniki5@...> wrote:

          > thanks for the encouragind response!!!!
          >
          > i am in process of loosing more but i think it would be somehting
          > fun to do!!
          >
          > thanks
          >
          > Teddy
          >

          > -- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Steve <stevesgroups@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Absolutely possible. You will need a big kite though, I'd guess a
          > 20 in
          > > average conditions- maybe bigger.
          > >
          > > Steve
          > > Carson City, Nevada, USA
          > >

          > > thesniki5 wrote:
          > > >
          > > > hi there i am 6'4 and weigh around 360 pounds, ex rugby player
          > hahah.
          > > > I wanted to knwo if you believe it is possible to kitesurf. i am
          > not
          > > > wanting to fly just yet just want to do it. anyone have any idea
          > if i
          > > > can
          > > >
          > > > thanks
          > > >
          > > > Ted

          > 7/10/2007 5:44 PM

        • thesniki5
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
            Thanks for the assumption of "Armybudiness" is that a word? lol I am
            very encouraged by what you guys are saying to me. My challenge is
            that i live in Thessaloniki Greece, originaly from Texas. And i will
            have to do some interesting buys in order to get this stuff , but
            hey HOW BAD do i want it? i think BAD!!!

            i found a school that teaches in my hometown here and i will go and
            ask them about your suggestions. I have a beach house right on the
            water on the 2nd leg of Halkidiki in Northern Greece. nice air not
            alot of waves.
            I sailed for college in a previous life so as far as sailing goes it
            is perfect
            i believe for kitesurfing it should be as well
            I will keep you all posted

            thanks

            Again

            Teddy
          • DeniseSEWA@Aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
              If you get back to Texas come on down to South Padre Island, conditions here are just about as good as they get and a great bunch of people too.

               I have a friend in CA who is around 280 lbs, he flies a cabrinha contra 23.5 in very light wind and uses a Lightwave 179 board, might be a good combo for you in average winds. the slingshot Machine is another grunty kite in the larger sizes.
              Denise

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
                AAAhh good ol TExas!!! i love it there. It would be cool to learn here
                in Greece and then come to Texas to show off hahahah(joking)
                Kinda like golf!! i lived in dallas area for 14 years and hated the
                sport and when i got to Greece where we have only 3 courses in entire
                country i decide to become a golfing fanatic!!1 it is crazy

                Anyway

                I thank you for your response as well i will look for those 2 items

                Teddy
              • loco 4 olas
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
                  Mate,

                  The Wallabies are looking for a prop if you wanna' give the kiting and golfing a go downunder ;-)

                  Matt

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
                    hahha well i think currently i the only position i could make is
                    waterboy!!! The good ol days of Rugby are a bit behind me. Maye in
                    a year or so i can try out ;-) But i think that currently Kangaroo
                    Boxing is more my thing!!!!

                    I would love to visit The Land downunder.

                    Teddy