Re: [ksurf] Kitesurf 101

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
      Check out htis link for more info on LA

      Steve

      http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2340054&sid=41b4f5c94c9b4a2560b9bcf005a1e2ed

      gkelsmith wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I saw a video reg kitesurf..and was amazed w/ it. Checking out if
      > anyone could provide me w/ tips on how to start..Im planning to go to
      > LA..are there any groups or person who's authorized to teach how to
      > kitesurf there?
      >
      > thanks!!
      > keLLy

    • jim cancil
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
        Kelly: Contact a likeable fellow named Traig at MonkeyAir.com. He's been teaching up by
        Malibu for perhaps five+ years. He' an ex Lifeguard, a good teacher and a personality.

        j i m

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "gkelsmith" <gkelsmith@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I saw a video reg kitesurf..and was amazed w/ it. Checking out if
        > anyone could provide me w/ tips on how to start..Im planning to go to
        > LA..are there any groups or person who's authorized to teach how to
        > kitesurf there?
        >
        > thanks!!
        > keLLy

      • Lisa Moss
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
          Before you take a lesson, I'd recommend learning how to fly a trainer
          kite. I used to work at a kiteboard shop and the people who could
          already fly a kite, were always much better off and progressed further
          in their kiteboard lesson. Here's some good info on trainer kites
          <http://www.mackiteboarding.com/trainerkite.htm>

          Have fun and good luck!