Re: [ksurf] Kitesurf 101

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 12:18 PM
      There are quite a few instructors in the LA area. If you don't get
      specific replies here try looking at or posting on
      http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

      Steve

      gkelsmith wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I saw a video reg kitesurf..and was amazed w/ it. Checking out if
      > anyone could provide me w/ tips on how to start..Im planning to go to
      > LA..are there any groups or person who's authorized to teach how to
      > kitesurf there?
      >
      > thanks!!
      > keLLy

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 12:33 PM
        Check out htis link for more info on LA

        Steve

        http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2340054&sid=41b4f5c94c9b4a2560b9bcf005a1e2ed

        gkelsmith wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I saw a video reg kitesurf..and was amazed w/ it. Checking out if
        > anyone could provide me w/ tips on how to start..Im planning to go to
        > LA..are there any groups or person who's authorized to teach how to
        > kitesurf there?
        >
        > thanks!!
        > keLLy

      • jim cancil
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 12:52 PM
          Kelly: Contact a likeable fellow named Traig at MonkeyAir.com. He's been teaching up by
          Malibu for perhaps five+ years. He' an ex Lifeguard, a good teacher and a personality.

          j i m

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "gkelsmith" <gkelsmith@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I saw a video reg kitesurf..and was amazed w/ it. Checking out if
          > anyone could provide me w/ tips on how to start..Im planning to go to
          > LA..are there any groups or person who's authorized to teach how to
          > kitesurf there?
          >
          > thanks!!
          > keLLy

        • Lisa Moss
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
            Before you take a lesson, I'd recommend learning how to fly a trainer
            kite. I used to work at a kiteboard shop and the people who could
            already fly a kite, were always much better off and progressed further
            in their kiteboard lesson. Here's some good info on trainer kites
            <http://www.mackiteboarding.com/trainerkite.htm>

            Have fun and good luck!