Kitesurf 101

  • gkelsmith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi,

      I saw a video reg kitesurf..and was amazed w/ it. Checking out if
      anyone could provide me w/ tips on how to start..Im planning to go to
      LA..are there any groups or person who's authorized to teach how to
      kitesurf there?

      thanks!!
      keLLy
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
        There are quite a few instructors in the LA area. If you don't get
        specific replies here try looking at or posting on
        http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

        Steve

        gkelsmith wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I saw a video reg kitesurf..and was amazed w/ it. Checking out if
        > anyone could provide me w/ tips on how to start..Im planning to go to
        > LA..are there any groups or person who's authorized to teach how to
        > kitesurf there?
        >
        > thanks!!
        > keLLy

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
          Check out htis link for more info on LA

          Steve

          http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2340054&sid=41b4f5c94c9b4a2560b9bcf005a1e2ed

          gkelsmith wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I saw a video reg kitesurf..and was amazed w/ it. Checking out if
          > anyone could provide me w/ tips on how to start..Im planning to go to
          > LA..are there any groups or person who's authorized to teach how to
          > kitesurf there?
          >
          > thanks!!
          > keLLy

        • jim cancil
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
            Kelly: Contact a likeable fellow named Traig at MonkeyAir.com. He's been teaching up by
            Malibu for perhaps five+ years. He' an ex Lifeguard, a good teacher and a personality.

            j i m

            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "gkelsmith" <gkelsmith@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I saw a video reg kitesurf..and was amazed w/ it. Checking out if
            > anyone could provide me w/ tips on how to start..Im planning to go to
            > LA..are there any groups or person who's authorized to teach how to
            > kitesurf there?
            >
            > thanks!!
            > keLLy

          • Lisa Moss
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
              Before you take a lesson, I'd recommend learning how to fly a trainer
              kite. I used to work at a kiteboard shop and the people who could
              already fly a kite, were always much better off and progressed further
              in their kiteboard lesson. Here's some good info on trainer kites
              <http://www.mackiteboarding.com/trainerkite.htm>

              Have fun and good luck!