Re: Should I buy this set up? Thanks for any help...

  • mikefr100
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2007
      As important as understanding your surroundings and conditions is, an
      understanding of your equipment is equally important. Pay the utmost
      attention to your spreader bar/hook arrangement. Many manufacturers
      STILL sell primitive spreader hooks that are vestiges of the 70's
      arrival of windsurfing in the U.S. Reasonably priced and soundly
      engineered safety releases are available from most leading
      manufacturers and you must invest the extra cash in one of these
      systems. Use caution, sail in light steady winds far away from
      obstacles (of any sort) and be able to manipulate your equipment
      (incl. harness) with your eyes closed. Don't want to scare you -
      prepare for the worst and you'll be ready.

      Mike

      > I am getting ready for my first lessons & session. I am an
      experienced
      > skier/snowboarder etc. I have a Florida and Hawaii trip on the
      > horizon, and I plan on doing plenty in the snow as well. Can
      anyone
      > direct me to what I should be looking for?
      >
      > Locally, I found this for sale:
      > Liquid Force M-80 Quiver PKG
      > [Liquid Force] $1,000.00
      > All Three, Liquid Force M-80 kites, 16M/12M/7M and bars 45cm and
      65cm
      > and lines.
      >
      > There are also a few different kites on eBay right now that seem
      pretty
      > good. Lots of experience I hope to tap in to on this site. I look
      > forward to your response, and hope to see you out there!
      >
      > Kind Regards,
      > Johnny
      > SLC, UTAH

    • jim cancil