Hello, noob looking for help on first kite set up.

  • Johnny
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2007
      I Live in SLC Utah, I am 6.1, 192 lbs, and I have both a Hawaii and
      Florida trip on the horizon. I plan to ride both winter and summer,
      and I am an experience snowboarder. Can anyone direct to towards the
      kites, board and other goodies I should be buying? Locally, I found
      this setup:

      Liquid Force M-80 Quiver PKG
      [Liquid Force] $1,000.00
      All Three, Liquid Force M-80 kites, 16M/12M/7M and bars 45cm and 65cm
      and lines.

      Not sure what year.

      There are also some kites on eBay right now that seem pretty good. I
      really appreciate any feedback, and I hope to see you out there soon!
    • Dean Crowell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2007
        One other thing, I've been snow kiting with my smaller Naish 10M and
        last winter I used my instructor's foil kite and that is the way to
        go: pumping-up in 15 degrees + wind is not cool! I decided on an 8 or
        10M Ranger foil kite - I don't remember who makes it but the price
        seems to be a steady $700. You MAY want to start on snow so you can
        get used to the kite/board/You interface and then the water program
        will be more familiar -
        Dean