Re: [ksurf] Moving on!

  • loco 4 olas
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2007
      Hung,

      I think you're moving on really spells the end of the Yahoo kitesurf forums.  It's format has been overtaken and that's as it should be. Having said that
      there is a wealth of information here from early on in the development of the sport-so I think it's important that is preserved.

      Thank you for everything!

      Loco

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2007
        i really think thats this newsgroup should transform
        into a forum and without getting deleted of course
        --- loco 4 olas <loco4olas@...> wrote:

        > Hung,
        >
        > I think you're moving on really spells the end of
        > the Yahoo kitesurf forums. It's format has been
        > overtaken and that's as it should be. Having said
        > that
        > there is a wealth of information here from early on
        > in the development of the sport-so I think it's
        > important that is preserved.
        >
        > Thank you for everything!
        >
        > Loco

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
      • Josué Victor Andrade Júnior
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2007

          Hi Hung ,

           I lean the Tunico for administer the site, he always was very impartial, I believe that will be very good for the development of the sport in the South America.  It would be a good idea a partnership by continents?
          Josu� Victor kitebrasilia.com.br

          From: "Tunico Lage" <alage@...>
          To: <kitesurf@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [ksurf] Moving on!
          Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 18:06:40 -0300

          Hi Hung,

          I've been a subscriber since 1998 (I think) and depending on the amount of
          work I may be willing to administer the group.
          What kind of work is involved (in terms of time per day)?

          Tunico

          >I will likely be busy for a while on some new projects.
          >
          > I won't have time to manage these groups anymore but I still want to
          > have these kitesurf legends continue.
          >
          > Anyone want to take over the management of the group (Tim for the
          > kitesurf group and anyone else for the other groups) ?
          >
          > Please let me know.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Hung.

          > http://www.Kitesurf ingSchool. org/faqs. htm for the answers

        • Hung Vu
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2007
            Sounds like a good idea!

            I have just made Tunico the co-moderator of the group with full capacity except for deleting the group.

            Tim Mellor is another full capacity moderator in Australia (Tim has been moderating the group for a few years. I have contacted Tim privately and Tim has offered to continue co-moderating the group).

            This way, we'll have 2 co-moderator with full capacity in 2 different continents managing the group.

            I am removing myself as the owner and moderator of the group. After this message, the group will have no owner and therefore cannot be deleted.

            For the group, there are mainly 2 types of work: moderation work and promotion work.

            Basic moderation work is minimum and promotion work requires more effort; however, we have not promoted the group for years.

            Congratulation and thanks Tim and Tunico for keeping the legend alive.

            P.S., I will also change the ksurfschool and the cankitesurf groups to historic status (this means that it will be available for references but no more post)

            P.P.S., I like the idea of transfering the group to a forum (with all the existing contents). Just wondering why Yahoo haven't done it yet for all the legends they have?

            Thanks guys and I will still be kiting until 75. Watch out for a 125 lbs, "alien" kiter who may be showing up at your local beach "one of these days" !!!

            Hung.

            Josué Victor Andrade Júnior wrote:

            >Hi Hung ,
            >
            > I lean the Tunico for administer the site, he always was very impartial, I
            >believe that will be very good for the development of the sport in the South
            >America. It would be a good idea a partnership by continents?
            >Josué Victor kitebrasilia.com.br
            >From: /"Tunico Lage" <alage@...>/
            >To: /<kitesurf@yahoogroups.com>/
            >Subject: /Re: [ksurf] Moving on!/
            >Date: /Sat, 2 Jun 2007 18:06:40 -0300/
            >
            >Hi Hung,
            >
            >I've been a subscriber since 1998 (I think) and depending on the amount of
            >work I may be willing to administer the group.
            >What kind of work is involved (in terms of time per day)?
            >
            >Tunico

          • Hung Vu

              I will likely be busy for a while on some new projects.

              I won't have time to manage these groups anymore but I still want to
              have these kitesurf legends continue.

              Anyone want to take over the management of the group (Tim for the
              kitesurf group and anyone else for the other groups) ?

              Please let me know.

              Thanks,

              Hung.

              http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm

              <http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/faqs.htm> for the answers

              to the most frequently asked questions.

              Like puzzles? Play free games earn great prizes. Play Clink now.
              <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2731??PS=47575>

              to the most frequently asked questions.

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:kitesurf-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:kitesurf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • georgeiw@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2007
                Hung, You have been a huge part of getting this whole sport going. Your positive attitude has been very welcome.
                Good luck and thanks for keeping this group alive.
                George

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
                  Hey Hung

                  A big thank you from all at Cape Town for your contribution to kitesurfing both on this group plus your wonderful web site which we still refer newbies to!

                  All the best.

                  Brian

                  ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

                      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/kitesurf/

                      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/kitesurf/ join

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
                    Thanks Brian, George and John (Loco) and others for the compliments over
                    the years.

                    I am still a member of the group, still read will post once a while.

                    P.S., http://Kitesurfingschool.org will also have a new
                    "owner/moderator" and will soon have some new look. Please keep it
                    alive by referring kiters to it. If I can find time, I will continue to
                    contribute to the site.

                    Hung.

                  • Steve
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
                      Wow - just got from a trip - Sherman Island Calif for Memorial Day
                      Weekend and County Line near Malibu Calif on a lucky evening just b4
                      sunset.

                      What a shock to see that you are moving on Hung. Without your
                      Kitesurfing scholl site and and this group I'd have never succeeded
                      learning to kite back in 99.

                      Thanks for being such a great promoter and facilitator. You were a true
                      ambassador for the sport. It was great how you always managed to stay
                      impartial and even handed.

                      Best of Luck in whatever new endeavors you are planning to pursue. I'd
                      love to hear what you are up to.

                      Steve
                      formerly kitehead and cckiteboarder
                      Carson City, Nevada, USA

                    • alex.unsworth@ubs.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
                        This communication is issued by UBS AG and/or affiliates to
                        institutional investors; it is not for private persons. This is a
                        product of a sales or trading desk and not the Research Dept.
                        Opinions expressed may differ from those of other divisions of UBS,
                        including Research. UBS may trade as principal in instruments
                        identified herein and may accumulate/have accumulated a long or short
                        position in instruments or derivatives thereof. UBS has policies
                        designed to negate conflicts of interest. This e-mail is not an
                        official confirmation of terms and unless stated, is not a
                        recommendation, offer or solicitation to buy or sell. Any prices or
                        quotations contained herein are indicative only. Communications
                        may be monitored.

                        � 2006 UBS. All rights reserved.
                        Intended for recipient only and not for further distribution without
                        the consent of UBS.