kitesurfing in Curacao

  • fabiraci
    Message 1 of 9 , May 29, 2007

      Does someone knows anything about kite surfing in Curacao??? we are planing some trips to aruba, curacao or bonaire but i havent found much of curacao! if you guys have any info or good spots let me know!

      thanks:D

      Fabiana

      Venezuela

    • Paul Tae
      Message 2 of 9 , May 29, 2007
            Before I went there I could find little information about kiteboarding there and I discovered why when I went there.  There is no kiteboarding there.
            If you want to kitesurf... don't go the Curacao.  I went there a year and a half ago and could find anywhere safe to do it.  The windward side is almost all rocky.  The only beaches I saw on the windward side were no good for kiteboarding.  The only remote option is take a day trip to Klein Curacao, a small island nearby.
            If anyone knows where to kiteboard in Curacao, please feel free to correct me.

        Paul
            .

        Message 3 of 9 , May 29, 2007
              Before I went to Curcao I could find little information about kiteboarding there.  I discovered why.  There is no kiteboarding there!
              If you want to kitesurf... don't go the Curacao.  I went a year and a half ago and couldn't find anywhere safe to do it.  The windward side is almost all rocky.  The only beaches I saw on the windward side were no good for kiteboarding.  The only remote option is take a day trip to Klein Curacao, a small island nearby.

          Message 4 of 9 , May 30, 2007
            I will be in Rhodos during summertime, for a while. Are there kitesurfing beaches, rentals etc? Ideally not too far from Kolymbia ?

            Gabe

          • makis "Principia"
            Message 5 of 9 , May 30, 2007
              try to reach someone at
              www.kitespot.gr
              --- Gabe Le <kit3surf3r@...> wrote:

              > I will be in Rhodos during summertime, for a while.
              > Are there kitesurfing beaches, rentals etc? Ideally
              > not too far from Kolymbia ?
              >
              > Gabe
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's
              > top picks on Yahoo! TV.

              ____________________________________________________________________________________You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck
              in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
            • fabiraci
              Message 6 of 9 , May 30, 2007
                ---
                Hi Paul,

                Thanks a lot for the info i will probably go to aruba or bonaire in
                that case, there´s lots of information about spots and places to
                stay, the wind seems to be very good also and you are right about
                curazao, good wind but no spots to kite!

                Gracias!
                Fabiana

                In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Tae" <ptae@...> wrote:

                > Before I went there I could find little information about
                kiteboarding
                > there and I discovered why when I went there. There is no
                kiteboarding
                > there.
                > If you want to kitesurf... don't go the Curacao. I went there
                a year
                > and a half ago and could find anywhere safe to do it. The windward
                side is
                > almost all rocky. The only beaches I saw on the windward side were
                no good
                > for kiteboarding. The only remote option is take a day trip to
                Klein
                > Curacao, a small island nearby.
                > If anyone knows where to kiteboard in Curacao, please feel free
                > correct me.
                >
                > Paul
                > .
                >

                > _____

                Behalf

                <http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif>

                > Fabiana
                >
                > Venezuela

              • Fabiana Iraci
                Message 7 of 9 , May 30, 2007
                  Hello paul
                  Did u go to Aruba or Bonaire for kiting ??

                  ---

                • Paul Tae
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 30, 2007
                    I haven't gone to Bonaire but I did go to Aruba 3 years ago.  I rented a car to have flexibility in where I could kite.  I kited once just north of fisherman's huts which is just north of Palm Beach.  This is near where all the windsurfers are.  It is an offshore breeze and very gusty close to shore.  Once you get out there I think it is good but you better hope that the wind doesn't die.  Maybe they have a rescue service now like in Coche.
                        The rest of the trip I drove to the other end of the island at Boca Grandi.  It took about 40 minutes to get ther from where I was staying at Eagle Beach.  The wind was lighter here and I had wish I had brought a bigger kite than my Fuel 13m.  I would suggest bringing a bigger kite but I may have just been unlucky.  Boca Grandi has beautiful and is crescent shaped with an onshore breeze.  There is a coral reef which is so shallow there is no chance to sail out over it so you have to stay in the bay.
                        Bonaire seems promising from my research.  I just went to Margarita Island and Coche in March.  I wouldn't recommend Margarita for kiting but Coche was great!  Completely flat water with steady wind right at the shore.  If you have a breakage (which I did) or can't get back to shore for any reason, the local fisherman with rescue you for 15,000 Bolivares which is about $5 US.  Well worth it.  There are two resorts right on the beach.  Next time I might take my family too.
                        When are you thiniking of going?

                    Paul

                    Did u go to Aruba or Bonaire for kiting ??

                    fabiraci <fabiraci@yahoo. com> wrote:
                    ---
                    Hi Paul,

                    Thanks a lot for the info i will probably go to aruba or bonaire in
                    that case, there´s lots of information about spots and places to
                    stay, the wind seems to be very good also and you are right about
                    curazao, good wind but no spots to kite!

                    Gracias!
                    Fabiana

                    In kitesurf@yahoogroup s.com, "Paul Tae" <ptae@...> wrote:

                    > Before I went there I could find little information about
                    kiteboarding
                    > there and I discovered why when I went there. There is no
                    kiteboarding
                    > there.
                    > If you want to kitesurf... don't go the Curacao. I went there
                    a year
                    > and a half ago and could find anywhere safe to do it. The windward
                    side is
                    > almost all rocky. The only beaches I saw on the windward side were
                    no good
                    > for kiteboarding. The only remote option is take a day trip to
                    Klein
                    > Curacao, a small island nearby.
                    > If anyone knows where to kiteboard in Curacao, please feel free
                    > correct me.
                    >
                    > Paul
                    > .
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Fabiana Iraci

                      Did u go to Aruba or Bonaire for kiting ??

                      fabiraci <fabiraci@yahoo. com> wrote:
                      ---
                      Hi Paul,

                      Thanks a lot for the info i will probably go to aruba or bonaire in
                      that case, there´s lots of information about spots and places to
                      stay, the wind seems to be very good also and you are right about
                      curazao, good wind but no spots to kite!

                      Gracias!
                      Fabiana

                      In kitesurf@yahoogroup s.com, "Paul Tae" <ptae@...> wrote:

                      > Before I went there I could find little information about
                      kiteboarding
                      > there and I discovered why when I went there. There is no
                      kiteboarding
                      > there.
                      > If you want to kitesurf... don't go the Curacao. I went there
                      a year
                      > and a half ago and could find anywhere safe to do it. The windward
                      side is
                      > almost all rocky. The only beaches I saw on the windward side were
                      no good
                      > for kiteboarding. The only remote option is take a day trip to
                      Klein
                      > Curacao, a small island nearby.
                      > If anyone knows where to kiteboard in Curacao, please feel free
                      > correct me.
                      >
                      > Paul
                      > .
                      >

                      > _____