[ksurf] Re: Newbie Question on Kite to Buy (Big Air)

  • jim cancil
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2007
      > Just some additional notes on my end:

      > 1. The wind speed is average but it is not going to be uncommon to hit the 20+ range
      here it is just not an everday event. Most are of the 10-15 days and fewer the 7-10. On
      light days I can revert back to skydiving and wakeboarding since these will be better.

      ...........Hell, you're Wired. Make it a rule: Unless you see small whitecaps - stay dry. That
      9yr. old, 85lbs kid may rip it - you won't.

      > 2. Agree on lessons but it is going to be a location and availability thing here so
      chances aren't real great.

      ............And that's a problem. Everything I've said here could be 90% smoke coming out
      my ass ..but lessons can not only accelerate your progress but potentially save you from
      some painful lessons.

      > 3. No chance to lose much weight. I am 6'2 and the weight isn't much fat (i'll just have
      to hold out for windy days).

      ............Know what you mean. I aways felt great in the Army - and in bars - having some
      size. I wish I could have peeled off 50lbs and 6" when I started surfing. All those little
      wizzers seemed to have perfect balance and speed in our small waves. ..oh well.

      BE careful.

      j i m

      ....Cheers all. I have to pretend I have a business to run!