Snowboarder who needs a summer hobby- gonna try windsurfing

  • shortside09
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2007
      Hey guys,

      I'm getting a shore house in newport Rhode Island this summer. I'm a
      huge snowboarder and want to learn kitesurfing this summer. Whats the
      best way to learn? Also, is there anywhere to rent equipment to make
      sure I like it before I go out and buy equipment. Also, I'm not
      looking to spend a lot of money on equipment. Can someone give me some
      suggestions on cheap equipment to buy that will be reliable?

      Thanks
    • alex.unsworth@ubs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2007
        having fairly recently moved out of learner-category & seen a lot of friends go thru it - here's my simple advice:

        1) buy a 9m best waroo kite - or a NEW, this year's model, BOW KITE - this will make learning so much easier - and also so much safer. Do NOT buy 2nd hanbd stuff, as the new stuff is just soooo much better

        2) go on a kitesurf week or weekend trip and totally absorb your self in it for a week or so - if you just go out once every few weeks it will take forever

        3) buy the DVDs - they are actually good at teraching you

        4) you'll love - you won't for a second regret it