Tahiti - Moorea

  • Kitepower Sydney
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2007
      Kitesurf Group
      Hi Dan

      I went there 4 years ago, had one of our best sessions on Moorea, in light winds, I was on a 16M Rhino1. Absolutely beautiful spot, same with all of Tahiti, great locals too.
      We anchored inside the reef on the east side of the island near some very small uninhabited motu's. Wind came up just before dawn, we were in the water before the sun had finished rising, kited to about 10.30am.
      Depending on the time of the year the wind vary from average 25-30 knots to 8-15 knots. If I had bow kites then, I would have taken only a 14M/12M Cabrinha SB2
      and a largish board. Lots of places to get away from choppy surface.

      Cya and

      Goodwinds

      Steve McCormack
      www.kitepower.com.au