Re: Now, that is depowering!

  • jim cancil
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2007
      ........aside from the question of your sanity: jumping over frozen ground. (I can't ever
      remember thinking I wanted to jump my iceboat when I lived in Wisconsin...) Mike was
      100% on it: almost NOBODY lets go of the bar.

      Somehow it's counterintutive? Rick Iossi, as an engineer, should do some research into
      why almost everone seems to have their hands on the bar when their head come into
      contact with solid surfaces.

      I suspect there may be a mental link between the bar and the chicken loop. Perhaps
      knowing you are connected in a fairly permanent sense - there's a reluctance to let go of
      the last bit of potential control you think you have.... D'no?

      Having flown 2, 3, 4, 5-line + a Naish Shockwave Bow/SLE kite: either 5-line or Bows are
      HEADS over all the rest in safety. However, the safety problem - in my belief - is mainly
      between the ears. In almost every one of Rick's post mortem postings; I wonder "What the
      hell was he thinking?!". Sometimes, like drinking/driving, it seem sooo obvious.

      ..not that I have not earned a spot in the next Jackass movie - and have nerve damage of a
      finger on the right hand to show for it. Cheers all - stay safe.

      j i m