Re: [ksurf] Like a tea at 4pm...

  • Dean Crowell
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
      OK - Watch those fronts and legs! Looks like a great break for board, sail and kite,

      Aloha, DeanĀ

      On Feb 2, 2007, at 8:30 AM, jim cancil wrote:

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Dean Crowell <dean@...> wrote:

      > Isn't this where that guy got skewered on the condo fence behind the
      > building last November?

      ...........Ya. I would not credit the location for the accident, if that's what you were thinking.
      The fence was there before he arrived. I don't remember these specifics, but S. Florida
      seems to have a large number of fronts that bring out kites - and lower judgements. Maybe
      living with sharks makes you feel pretty casual about them. To that..

      A friend, former FL lifeguard, never even got bumped over all those years. He figures it was
      a small Mako that grabbed has calf a couple of years ago near Sat. Beach and made him look
      like a he was in a Bagdad bombing. Luckily, he knew how to limit the flow from his femoral
      artery.

      j i m