Re: [ksurf] Like a tea at 4pm...

  • Dean Crowell
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Isn't this where that guy got skewered on the condo fence behind the building last November?

      On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:52 PM, jim cancil wrote:

      I go here when I look out at a gray sky and 0c. temps: http://evsjupiter.netfirms.com/
      main.htm

      On the right wind, there are kites in the South view just around the building and it's easy to
      image yourself stroking into short slides on your longboard near the jetty. This time of the
      year; I look at this a couple times a day. Cheers.

      j i m

    • jim cancil
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Dean Crowell <dean@...> wrote:

        > Isn't this where that guy got skewered on the condo fence behind the
        > building last November?

        ...........Ya. I would not credit the location for the accident, if that's what you were thinking.
        The fence was there before he arrived. I don't remember these specifics, but S. Florida
        seems to have a large number of fronts that bring out kites - and lower judgements. Maybe
        living with sharks makes you feel pretty casual about them. To that..

        A friend, former FL lifeguard, never even got bumped over all those years. He figures it was
        a small Mako that grabbed has calf a couple of years ago near Sat. Beach and made him look
        like a he was in a Bagdad bombing. Luckily, he knew how to limit the flow from his femoral
        artery.

        j i m
      • Dean Crowell
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
          OK - Watch those fronts and legs! Looks like a great break for board, sail and kite,

          Aloha, DeanĀ