Re: [ksurf] Harness loops not a good idea?

  • jim cancil
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "hungvuatnetcomdotca" <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

      > Interesting comment!
      >
      > Sounds like the stopper ball is more dangerous than the fixed loop
      > (especially for flat LEI).
      >
      > Maybe for flat LEI, kiter should not use the stopper ball and use the
      > fixed loop instead?

      ..............don't think so! 90%$ of the Bow I see are flown with one foot on the brake;
      feathered rather than powered half the time. Hook into a fixed loop and you've got no
      brakes. ..and looking down to disconnect a fixed loop..or anything for that matter, is
      counter intutive. Hell, just getting people to LET GO of the bar when they're in the Brown
      seems almost impossible to teach.

      On the Naish the stopper is not only adjustable - for arm lenght comfort - but has two
      diffferent (on my Shockwave) little 'balls-not-exactly'. One is for a light pressure (relative)
      push-thru and the other for a heavier press-thru. Yet, I still prefer a new C-kite with a 5th
      line to these first gen. Bows. I will however order one of Bruno's new designs from Indo
      when they become available. From what I can see; that design holds real promise.

      I'm looking forward to another season! Stay safe you'all.

      j i m