Re: [ksurf] Harness loops not a good idea?

  • mikefr100
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2007
      ..." Stopper are probably a good bit safer as that loop does not
      disengage well/as easily. I have '06 Naish system and North
      > systems and they're a helluva improvement."...

      Yea, the accidental engaging issue is probably my biggest complaint. I
      had it rehook when I was bringing the kite down on the beach. That was
      the one time when it repowered on me. I let the control bar go but I
      ended up flying about 100' further than I intended that day!
    • jim cancil
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "hungvuatnetcomdotca" <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

        > Interesting comment!
        >
        > Sounds like the stopper ball is more dangerous than the fixed loop
        > (especially for flat LEI).
        >
        > Maybe for flat LEI, kiter should not use the stopper ball and use the
        > fixed loop instead?

        ..............don't think so! 90%$ of the Bow I see are flown with one foot on the brake;
        feathered rather than powered half the time. Hook into a fixed loop and you've got no
        brakes. ..and looking down to disconnect a fixed loop..or anything for that matter, is
        counter intutive. Hell, just getting people to LET GO of the bar when they're in the Brown
        seems almost impossible to teach.

        On the Naish the stopper is not only adjustable - for arm lenght comfort - but has two
        diffferent (on my Shockwave) little 'balls-not-exactly'. One is for a light pressure (relative)
        push-thru and the other for a heavier press-thru. Yet, I still prefer a new C-kite with a 5th
        line to these first gen. Bows. I will however order one of Bruno's new designs from Indo
        when they become available. From what I can see; that design holds real promise.

        I'm looking forward to another season! Stay safe you'all.

        j i m