Re: [ksurf] kitesurfing equipment

  • jcma97
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2007
      Denise,

      Thank you for you answers, well I am a complete beginner (I just got
      uo in the board) so as far as style there is not much to say I am
      just enjoyed the feeling of not crashing into the water so often :)

      As far as my weigth I am about 83 KG, and I will be riding mainly in
      Asia. I am based in Malaysia which I understand does not get as much
      wind, but being around asia there is a variety of places with wind
      wide range.

      Again I appreciate your feed back

      Cheers,

      Juan

    • DeniseSEWA@Aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
        Hi Juan
        Well since you are a beginner and will likely go out in light conditions my suggestion is a Waroo 16 and later a smaller waroo such as the 9 or 12 for higher wind,after kiting for a while you will be better prepared to make a decision about what size small kite for where you kite, The Waroo 16 is my most used kite, its wind range is from about 12 MPH to 18MPH although I am able to ride it in higher and lower winds depending on the board I am using, there is one on Ebay here >>>

        this is a 2006 model which is a nice kite and sold for over $1200 a year ago, you should be able to pick this one up for under $700 and its brand new so there is little risk of having a problem with it. there are many deals such as this.

        Keep in mind that none of the major manufactureres are making "bad" kite gear, all the modern kites are good with some being easier to use and cheaper than others, I feel the Waroo offers the best of everything especially for a beginner and still has great performance for experienced riders. For the board I think if you have only one the best choice is the "Spleene session 141" this board does everything well and of all my boards its the one I use most, has the most range and is super light. you can see pictures of it here >>

        You can see by the surface of the water it was a very light wind day and still with the Waroo and this board I was able to do some fun jumps, the guy in the pictures is riding the same board with a 12 meter waroo and having fun too, a few days ago at this same spot I was riding the same gear in 18 to 20 MPH and getting super high jumps and yesterday I was riding the same gear in the surf.
        Hope some of that helps and keep in mind this is my opinion and what works for me.
        Denise

        http://hometown.aol.com/denisesewa/index.html
      • loco 4 olas
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2007
          At least you won't get lost with that kite-sea rescue will always be able to find you.

          Also, Denise's board advice is too narrow-pretty any modern 142-150 twin tip board will do.