Re: El Salvador?

  • Scott Thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2007
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "daniel2218" <dan2218@...> wrote:

      > Anyone kited in ES? I'm thinking about going down for a language
      > school in La Libertad, which is a great surfing spot. Not sure what
      > the wind is like, though. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
      >
      > Daniel

      Contact Jeff at Kitewindsurf in Almeeda. He and his wife Emily have a
      great kitecamp/commune setup in the winter months at Playa Copal Costa
      Rica. It's on the Nicaragua border.

      Last year they had some guys from El Salvador staying there for a week
      kiting.

      Jeff and Emily drive through El Salvador to go down with the gear and
      setup the camp every year. They will know more than anyone about kiting
      in Central America.

      You should go to thier camp whether you find a spot In El Salvador or
      not, your guaranteed good wind every day. The kiting and enviroment are
      awsome!!!! Jeff and Emily are great people they take good care of you
      with food and help with kiting if you need it (depending of course on
      your level) and the Camp/Commune is a fun enviroment.

      I think its a requirement to know how to Capalucho before they let you
      in El Salvador, there may even be a special stamp required on your
      passport. Be sure to find out, I think I thinkk Kitewinsurf sells the
      stamps @ Kitewindsurf.com

      Contact: jeff@...