Re: [ksurf] [cankitesurf] Re: Global warming meansthe end of kitesnowboarding for most ?

  • Lex Lissauer
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2006
      Thanks Hung! nice and concise info.
      It seems that there is no disadvantage to concave bottom. Or is there?
      If not, we will not see any more kiteboards without, will we?

      On 12/28/06, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

      For kite, check http://kitesurfingschool.org/kite.htm

      For board:
      More rocker: less upwind, easier carving, easier jumping off chop
      More flex: Absorb chop, what else?
      More parabolic outline (convex) : easier upwind, slow down a lot during turn
      Concave bottom: plan sooner, also grip water better and more upwind
      More width: more surface, plan sooner, less kitepower needed
      More length: more water line, easier upwind, harder to spin

      Others may want to correct or add more....

      Hung.
    • Hung Vu
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 28, 2006
        Sometimes, you may want a "loose" feel and don't want the board to grip
        water much.

        Hung.