Bow kite patent

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2006
      Many people has asked me what is the difference between a bow kite and another kite.

      According to Bruno's patent application found at http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20050230556.pdf , the main difference between a  bow kite and any other kite is the  "concave trailing edge when flying"

      And that applies for ALL KITES, not just inflatables.  Also, it applies for kites with or without the bridles on the leading edge (moyen auxiliaires)

      I am not sure whether Bruno will be able to get the patent as Cory has flown this "concave trailing edge" kite long time ago (attached).

      If I remember properly, this patent application is the reverse of Peter Lynn's "Guerilla" patent application (concave shape of the leading edge)  and probably due to the fact that Arc normally use reflex airfoils while inflatable use traditional airfoils.

      So as long as the kite has neither the concave shape on the leading edge nor trailing edge then it is neither Peter's Guerilla nor Bruno's bow.

      Want to patent a new kite shape? Try this: http://www.jens-carstensen.de/content/blogcategory/42/59/

      Hung.
    • Dean Crowell
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2007
        Hung, there is non kite-related chatter coming through to the group - please expel the senders before it gets any worse - Thanks,

        Dean