Re: [ksurf] SUP Surfing ( Stand Up Paddle Surfing )

  • Tunico
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2006
      I was hoping to get my first session Saturday. Couldn't even stand
      up! In the pool, yes, I could, but out in the chop the
      maximum "stand up time" was 15 seconds. After 10 cycles (stand-up -
      grab the paddle - paddle a couple times - fall off ) I gave up
      totally exhausted. The second day was a bit better. 30 seconds
      standing up. I didn't ride a single wave yet. So I got to give some
      credit (a lot actually) to those guys in the pictures!
      How many of you remember learning to windsurf, standing up,
      balancing and pulling the uphaul...felt a bit like that...

      Tunico
      http://www.kitesurf.tv

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "loco 4 olas" <loco4olas@...> wrote:

      > Great little photo montage site.
      >
      > As a surfer of 30 odd years-gotta' say it's a hoax-something for
      bored surfers (Laird included).

      http://picasaweb.google.com/aclage/SUPSurfStandUpPaddleSurfOuPaddleSu
      rf?authkey=gcurKYkgXQ8