Re: [ksurf] SUP Surfing ( Stand Up Paddle Surfing )

  • loco 4 olas
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2006
      Great little photo montage site.

      As a surfer of 30 odd years-gotta' say it's a hoax-something for bored surfers (Laird included).

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2006
        I was hoping to get my first session Saturday. Couldn't even stand
        up! In the pool, yes, I could, but out in the chop the
        maximum "stand up time" was 15 seconds. After 10 cycles (stand-up -
        grab the paddle - paddle a couple times - fall off ) I gave up
        totally exhausted. The second day was a bit better. 30 seconds
        standing up. I didn't ride a single wave yet. So I got to give some
        credit (a lot actually) to those guys in the pictures!
        How many of you remember learning to windsurf, standing up,
        balancing and pulling the uphaul...felt a bit like that...

        Tunico
        http://www.kitesurf.tv