Seasmik revival

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2006
      One of the flat kite I heard having potential in the past was the
      Seasmik (attached).

      In a way, the new generation of bow, SLE or flat inflatables borrowed
      the bridle on the leading edge concept from this pioneer flat kite (and
      one discussion thread on the kitesurf group).

      The main difference with this kite and the new flat kite is the lack of
      bridle on the trailing edge (and of course the shape of the kite).

      The weakness of the Seasmik design is the bilowing of the canopy between
      the struts.

      The weakness of the current flat LEI is the lack of the bridle on the
      trailing edge therefore deforming the kite when fully sheet in.

      Someone may want to revive the design as it would be see what we can do
      with modern CAD design tools to enhance flat LEI concept further.

      Hung.
    • kiterguuy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2006
        i use to have a seasmik great de power and huge jumps but un stable
        re launch was great but lacked stabilty. i think they are no longer a
        conpany tho.

        > One of the flat kite I heard having potential in the past was the
        > Seasmik (attached).
        >
        > In a way, the new generation of bow, SLE or flat inflatables
        borrowed
        > the bridle on the leading edge concept from this pioneer flat kite
        (and
        > one discussion thread on the kitesurf group).
        >
        > The main difference with this kite and the new flat kite is the
        lack of
        > bridle on the trailing edge (and of course the shape of the kite).
        >
        > The weakness of the Seasmik design is the bilowing of the canopy
        between
        > the struts.
        >
        > The weakness of the current flat LEI is the lack of the bridle on
        the
        > trailing edge therefore deforming the kite when fully sheet in.
        >
        > Someone may want to revive the design as it would be see what we
        can do
        > with modern CAD design tools to enhance flat LEI concept further.
        >
        > Hung.

      • hungvuatnetcomdotca
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
          Sounds like stability is a funtion of flatness (flatter, less stability)

          Hung.