Shorter lines evolution...

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2006
      I was at Playa Del Carmen a couple weeks ago and I had to walk 10 to 15
      minutes from my hotel to get to a spot where there was enough beach
      space to launch my 2006 kites (with 25m lines).

      I could have launched my kite next to the hotel with 20m line.

      Yesterday one of my instructors went out with a 11m Rastaroo with 23m
      line while others were out with 14m to 16m Waroo and 17m Fuel (with 25m
      lines)

      Looks like newer generation kites are more efficient now that we can
      shorten our line to 20m or 23m.

      This would reduce the space requirement 20%, reduce lots of hassel, more
      riders per spots (and hopefully less danger ?)

      P.S., We used to ride with 30m lines, then 27m, last couple years 25m,
      now 23m, 20m and hopefully down to 15m, the minimum length for kiting ?

      Hung.