Socks inside booties for cold day

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2006
      I get cold very easily as I don't have as much "protection" as heavier
      guys.

      Normally by this time of the year, my feet feel "numb" after half hour
      of kiting.

      Today, I used regular socks inside the booties (and also to cover my ankle).

      It made lots of differences.

      I felt "hot" and only my fingers (inside neoprene gloves) were a bit
      cold at the end of the day.

      I will wear some thin layer of glove inside the neoprene glove next time
      and that should make me "invincible" for this cold Canadian mid to late
      fall water.

      P.S., Yes, the Ocean Rodeo Gyro Pro dry suit works great!

      Hung.
    • jim cancil
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2006
        Hung: Send me your address in a PM. I'll send you some Polartec ones. They work a
        helluva lot better than regular socks.. We made these, along with tops, bottoms and
        hoods ...as well as regular Rash Guards.. as 'Wetstuff' for about 10yrs. The Chinese
        'discovered' them and began making equal/better items for about half price. (we've been
        out of the trade for about 7yrs..)

        TIP: Get a pair of regular Lycra socks or even thin, nylon, church-going socks and put
        them on before you pull on a full wetsuit. In the old days we would squirt diswashing fluid
        (not full strength!) into each leg. Socks are soooo much better.

        Cheers.

        Jim