Re: [ksurf] Looking for advice on board upgrade

  • Lex Lissauer
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
      On 10/5/06, georgeiw@... <georgeiw@...> wrote:

      > When it really gets windy I lift my front foot up to get more of the board
      > out of the water. I am mostly riding on my back foot and a little bit of board
      > around it. It does not matter how big the board is because at this point I
      > have most of it out of the water.

      It does matter how big the board is. I drive a quite small wide board
      (125×39) and if I need to edge hard, I put more weight on my front
      foot to get as much rail in the water as possible.
      With your technique you are just using a small part of your board and
      you will probably feel your legs after a day surfing. Never tried a
      smaller board in higher winds?
      And there is something in between 159 and 125.
      My next board will probably be bigger.

      P.S. All measures are in cm