Re: [ksurf] Looking for advice on board upgrade

  • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
      What worked for me when I was at your stage was to hinge at the waist ie:
      stick your butt out and drop the center of gravity. The higher the kite
      is the more this is necessary to get an edge. As you progress you will
      figure out how to control kite power and board edging and coordinate it
      all.

      Hope this helps.
      --
      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada, USA

      On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 23:03:45 -0700, thom999manson
      <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I am new to this group, so if this is a FAQ, please forgive me. I
      > did a search of the group, but didn't find anything that helpful.
      >
      > I have a Litewave 158 board that I have been learning on. I am now
      > at the stage where I can just about go upwind. I fly mostly with a
      > 12m Airush flow (2004) but also have a 16 m Flow 2005 for light wind
      > days.
    • thom999manson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2006
        Thanks for all the replies - really helpful.

        I think I will hang onto the board, and improve my technique until I
        get better, and then upgrade.

        Regards,
        Thomas