Re: [ksurf] Relaunching a waroo.

  • DeniseSEWA@Aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2006
      In a message dated 9/2/2006 1:58:32 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
      georgeiw@... writes:

      I had a great sesion recently on a warro.
      But recently when I tried to boat launch and relaunch it was not so easy in
      about 12mph wind. What gives? What was I doing wrong. I am used to the ease
      of flysurfers and 5 line kites.
      George

      The larger Waroos ( 12 and up) dont water launch as advertised, I tried all
      the methods posted and then discovered that with my bar setup so that I can "
      overpower" or back the kite down when flying overhead by pulling the bar all
      the way in, ( I ride normally with the strap 1/3 depowered) I can relaunch or
      selflaunch with the kite leading edge down in low winds by releasing the
      depower strap to full power and pull the bar all the way back then rock the kite
      left and right a couple times until the tip comes all the way up, then its a
      matter of easing out the bar carefully to fly it off the water, this method
      works everytime once you get a feel for it and also seems to work well on my
      Turbo Diesel.at first you may end up dropping the kite on the trailing edge
      after the tip comes up due to not easing out the bar soon enough, if that
      happens just pull one brake line in until the kite turns around and start over.
      I never ask for a launch or landing anymore as this is so easy. To self land
      simply fly the kite to the edge of the window a couple feet off the ground ,
      sheet out and give a pull on the upper front line to swing the kite into the
      wind as it falls.
      As the wind increases simply pulling the bar back and turning the bar in
      one direction will relaunch the kite , this advice is contrary to the advice of
      all the "experts" but it does work well.
      The other thing which is very important to the reluanch and flying
      performance of Waroos is proper inflation, due to the small diameter front tube the
      kite needs more air pressure than a C-kite, I have found 8psi to be optimum.
      Hope this helps.
      Denise

      http://hometown.aol.com/denisesewa/index.html

    • hungvu2000@rogers.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
        George,

        Or be conservative and just relaunching it the standard classic C kite
        way (this is what we teach at our school). It is way easier than the
        classic.

        Hung.