Re: Neoprene!

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20 7:33 PM
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "elcompactdelnano"
      <elcompactdelnano@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I am looking for a wet suit, but I do not kow how it must fit. What
      > happens if it is too much tight? or is it too much loose?
      >
      > Thank you

      It should be tight but comfortable. Too tight and it will crush your
      nuts up into your body (assuming you are male) and/or choke you
      around your neck.

      If it's too loose cold water will flush through and you will get cold.

      If you are riding in cold cold water you want a 4/3 steamer with
      sealed seams. The new ones with a fleece lining are really good.

      If you are riding in chilly water a 3/2 is fine.

      If you only expect to ride in quite cold water some of the time then
      you could think about getting a neoprene rash top to wear under your
      wetsuit. You can wear the top in summer by itself.

      You should get a wetsuit with a smooth rubber outer over your upper
      body. Suits with a nylon covering are stronger but he nylon holds
      water and you get cold from the wind chill.