Re: [ksurf] Re: Rescue tecniques

  • Tommy Twotone
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2006
      Can you deploy safety with leash, safely? Can you roll
      up one side of the lines until kite depowers? If the
      kite does not seem like it will relaunch by itself and
      it's pulling you to shore, let it, but be very careful
      you could have a uncontrolled launch especially in
      shore break which could loft you. Otherwise, cut from
      kite unless your endangering other people. Unless you
      feel you have no chance to make it to shore, then it's
      best to stay with kite. Try to pull yourself to the
      kite while rolling up lines to avoid tangleing
      yourself. Usually if you roll one side 5 or 6 times
      untill the kite is parallel to wind, hence depowered,
      you can roll start to roll up both sets a little
      easier.
      If you decide to let the kite pull you to shore cut
      loose before getting too close to shore as long as
      your not endangering other people. Hopefully someone
      experienced will be there to help you.

      http://mail.yahoo.com