Rescue tecniques

  • Benjamin
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2 12:34 AM
      Hey,

      I am kind of new in the sport. Doing quiet well and I am able to come
      back at the same spot. Sometimes I loose my board or my kite drops in
      the water when there is litle wind. It´s not fun to be far away from
      the coast.

      What do you guys do when you´re in a situation like that? How long do
      you try lifting the kite out of the water. Are there any hints. Is it
      beter to hook out and go to the kite. Ofcourse I learned some
      tecniques in my course but I want to know more..

      Txs,

      Benjamin
    • Benjamin
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3 1:52 AM
        Maybe I have to specify a litle and give an example. I would like to
        have some dangerous situations, and know what I could do.

        Example:

        I am in the water. Wind is strong 20 knots. Kite is on the leading
        edge in the water. Lost my board afther a crash. It,s not posible to
        lift the kite. (lines are tangled, etc.) Becouse of the wind the
        tension on the lines is enormous. What to do?

        Do you know more diffcult situations?

        Regards Benjamin
      • Yuri
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3 2:17 AM
          Yes, I do.
          Barents sea. Do you know where is it? Water temperature is 8C.
          Wind is strong 25+ knots sideoffshore.
          The kite is on its LE. The board is to not reach.
          And what's the most awful the legs are confused by lines.
          My answer is -
          Never under no circumstances go for a kite alone.

          > Do you know more diffcult situations?
          >

          > Regards Benjamin

        • Benjamin
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3 2:50 AM
            Damn, what a horror story. Did you see any white bears? It,s next to
            Russia isn´t it. What did you do?

            Well,I was in spain with mor than 20 degrees water. The problem is
            that people think you are okay, or they a not paying attention.

            I couldn´t get to the kite or roll the lines. Y decided to leave the
            board and swim hooked in to the coast. In the worst case I would have
            left the kite ofcourse.

            I think one can learn alot of his experiences. More people have such a
            stories?

            Ciao
          • Tommy Twotone
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3 1:26 PM
              Can you deploy safety with leash, safely? Can you roll
              up one side of the lines until kite depowers? If the
              kite does not seem like it will relaunch by itself and
              it's pulling you to shore, let it, but be very careful
              you could have a uncontrolled launch especially in
              shore break which could loft you. Otherwise, cut from
              kite unless your endangering other people. Unless you
              feel you have no chance to make it to shore, then it's
              best to stay with kite. Try to pull yourself to the
              kite while rolling up lines to avoid tangleing
              yourself. Usually if you roll one side 5 or 6 times
              untill the kite is parallel to wind, hence depowered,
              you can roll start to roll up both sets a little
              easier.
              If you decide to let the kite pull you to shore cut
              loose before getting too close to shore as long as
              your not endangering other people. Hopefully someone
              experienced will be there to help you.

              http://mail.yahoo.com