[ksurf] Re: Which kite should I buy?

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 31, 2006
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Brownless" <dundee@...> wrote:

      > Hey Greg, if yu been kitesurfing more than 2Y then for sure yu
      learnt on yea
      > ol' CKite!! Yr still alive to tell the story as are many thousands of
      > others!! If you've forgotten yr roots and want a good laugh over a
      beer, hv
      > a look at the Red Bull DVD "UPWIND - the launch of kiteboarding" and
      > remember!!!

      I am in my 7th year of kiting. I learned on open foils, used Naish AR5
      for one season, then rode relaunchable foils for 5 seasons. I am now
      on the Sonic and loving it.

      Upwind is a great video. It's one of the few videos I have seen that
      are both entertaining and informative. It's great to see Flash riding
      like a bit of a kook on a foil with handles and hearing Robbie Naish
      talk about how fantastic it looks.

      The last issue of Stance DVD mag had a road trip movie from 1999 where
      the Euro crew met up with the Hawaiians. It showed Bertrand Fleury on
      an F-One foil and wakeboard doing handle passes and kite loops.
      Nothing changes.
    • cazkite
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2006
        > By the way: I modified the kite: I changed the full depower for a
        normal
        > depower strap and the steering lines are now attached with double
        attachment
        > points, more like the Best Waroo. This makes the steering more direct
        and
        > the bar pressure slightly higher.

        interested in how you changed the bar over on the sonic, just changed
        the bar over to the mod on the gk site with the cleat reversed and the
        addition of the dynema- looks alittle flimsy with all the front line
        pressure through 1 little line, works fine though..

        how long is the cl line from the top of the bar to the trim strap when
        sheeted in
        -does this still go to full depower when you let go the bar?

        what are the double attachments for the steering lines?

        how much adjustment in the trim strap? 20cm more less?

        thanks

        craig