Drift Launching WAS Re: [ksurf] Re: Turbo Launcher opens up new kiting spots

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 27, 2006
      One of the method for drift launching.
      1- Bring the kite, bar and lines into the water (the lines are
      properly wrapped around the TL or the bar)
      2- Open the kite up (as if it is flying over head - at zenith) to
      check for any possible tangle
      3- Drop the kite LE down into the water (the same position as if you
      put it on land). There is little pull from the kite in this position.
      4- Release the lines from the TL or the bar and the kite will drift
      slowly away. Make sure you keep slight even tension on the 4 lines with
      1 hand to keep it in the same position. If you can't keep the kite in
      the same position while drifting away, you may run in to problem if you
      don't have the TL.
      5- When all lines are free from the TL or the bar, relaunch the kite
      from the water as usual.

      Due to similar position of the kite when you put it down on land or on
      water, you can practice this on land many times until perfection before
      trying it in the water.

      Hung.