which board?

  • keremevrandýr
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 25, 2006
      Hi, greatings from Blacksea cost, Turkey.

      I am looking to get a board and your recommandations are more than welcome.

      I am a beginner kitesurfer but i ve been improving rapidly. I have 6'60 Naish directional board, but since my kite zone is wavy (waves app. 100 to 150 cm), riding that old faishoned board is very uncomfortable.

      I intended to get a Litewave Freestyle 145. Im not sure if that suits me well. What else can you recommend?

      Thank you.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 25, 2006
        The same way you land solo on land.

        For the Waroo, just fly it near the water at the edge of the wind window
        and pull on the UPPER FRONT line.

        Hung.

      • hungvu2000@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 25, 2006
          You put the kite down the same way as you put it on land and try to keep
          it drifting away in that position for minimum pull from the kite and
          more control drift (you can also walk backward to help the kite).

          Hung.

          daniel2218 wrote:

          >--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "hungvuatnetcomdotca" <hungvu2000@...> wrote:
          >

          >So on step 4, do you put the kite in the water LEI down as if you are
          >doing a water relaunch?
          >
          >I assume you let the kite drift downwind and your lines unspool off
          >the TL?
          >
          >Thanks.

          >>Daniel,
          >>
          >>The Turbo Launcher as its name implies, allows a kiter to launch a
          >>kite faster at tiny or difficult launching spot.
          >>
          >>The process involves:
          >> 1- Load up you lines and bar with the TL at home
          >> 2- Set up you kite and the TL at the launch spot
          >> 3- Bring you kite and TL to the water (shallow is best but deep
          >>should work too)
          >> 4- Drift launch your kite
          >>
          >>The TL makes this whole process easy and looks professional. With it,
          >> you can launch your kite almost anywhere you can kite.
          >>
          >>P.S., The TL needs lots of practice to use it well. It's worth all
          >>the practice.
          >>
          >>Hung.

        • Gerry Duquette
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 26, 2006
            HUng

            I am new to this and was hoping that you could describe how to drift launch
            a kite.
            The girlfriend id getting a little bored.
            Ger

            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "daniel2218" <dan2218@...> wrote:

            > Hung,
            >
            > Can you describe in some detail what that process is like? I've thought
            > about getting one but not sure exactly how I would use it. Thanks.
            >
            > Daniel
            >
            > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, hungvu2000@ wrote:
            > >
            > > I have been vacationing with the family at Sandbridge, VA in the last
            > > couple summers.
            > >
            > > In the past, I normally only kite in the Ocean as the Back Bay
            area has
            > > no beach and only tiny access spots for canoe or small boat.
            > >
            > > The wind is normall very strong from the S or SW (the dominant wind
            > > direction for northern hemisphere).
            > >
            > > Today I launch my 9m Waroo myself with the Turbo Launcher from a tiny
            > > canoe launch at Back Bay across from the Little Island Park (you
            can pay
            > > $5 to park in the park or park free on the road side 50m from the
            park -
            > > very limited parking spaces here, also watch out for soft sand if you
            > > don't have 4x4)
            > >
            > > Launching is no problem once you walk your kite out into open water
            > > around waist deep.
            > >
            > > The kiting was excellent at Back Bay (mostly waist deep), strong,
            clean
            > > wind and pretty flat water.
            > >
            > > Two other kiters joined me afterward, they did have the Turbo
            Launcher

          • hungvu2000@rogers.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 27, 2006
              One of the method for drift launching.
              1- Bring the kite, bar and lines into the water (the lines are
              properly wrapped around the TL or the bar)
              2- Open the kite up (as if it is flying over head - at zenith) to
              check for any possible tangle
              3- Drop the kite LE down into the water (the same position as if you
              put it on land). There is little pull from the kite in this position.
              4- Release the lines from the TL or the bar and the kite will drift
              slowly away. Make sure you keep slight even tension on the 4 lines with
              1 hand to keep it in the same position. If you can't keep the kite in
              the same position while drifting away, you may run in to problem if you
              don't have the TL.
              5- When all lines are free from the TL or the bar, relaunch the kite
              from the water as usual.

              Due to similar position of the kite when you put it down on land or on
              water, you can practice this on land many times until perfection before
              trying it in the water.

              Hung.