Re: [ksurf] Water launching kites. Unlaunching.

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2006
      I have done this many times, uinlaunching. It is always best to clean up
      the lines rather than make a big pile and sort it out later.

      If you want to do it in the water here is the trick. Wind up one side only
      until the kite flags out sideways. Then wind up all four lines together
      until you get to the kite. The other three lines will still be slack when you
      get to the kite so wind them some more. Roll up the kite. If it is an inflato
      deflate the leading edge bladder and let the air out without letting water
      in. Roll up the kite with the struts inflated and use a rope or the harness to
      keep it together.
      Now you are ready to get on the wave runner, walk up the beach, catch a bus
      or swim in.

      In really high wind you might need to run the side line around the harness
      hook so that you can hold on until you get the kite turned. Do not wind the
      line around your fingers or hand. I can upload a picture of my broken finger
      if this is not clear.

      George