Re: [ksurf] advice for a girl that wants to go kiteboarding.

  • makis "Principia"
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
      thanks for the reply but i never said i m an
      instructor, i just have a girl friend(not mine, just a
      friend) and i m asking in behalf of her.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
        Yes I see. that is what i wrote

        Girlfriend implies she is close to you,
        since she is Only a girl-friend,
        oh never mind.....

        --- LA2WNDSRF@... wrote:

        > how about this - Since your question shows you are
        > not a trained instructor,-
        > buy her lessons and be supportive.
        >
        > Whether she learns or not, at least your
        > relationship will survive and grow
        > stronger.
        > Good Luck,
        > Scott

        Scott
        Imagine Positive Experiences
        for Positive Changes
        Welcome to San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico - and your Source of
        Information

      • Lisa Moss
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
          As a 100 pound girl, I'd recommend a 9m bow/hybrid/SLE kite for her. My
          boyfriend is 140 pounds and he rides my kite (9m Boxer SLE) a lot too.
          Starting her off with a 9 or 10 meter would be your best bet and you can
          always add a bigger (12m) kite later for the light winds. Make sure you
          get her a kite with a lot of depower for safety - don't let her get an
          old used kite off ebay...you get what you pay for.

          As for a board, I would recommend something in the mid 130 range.

          And make sure she takes lessons! Here's a good place for some discounted
          Kiteboarding gear <http://www.mackiteboarding.com/sale.htm>

          Lisa