RE: [ksurf] Water launching kites

  • Rick Harpenau
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2006
      Will this same device assist with un-launching a kite. When I water launch,
      I have trouble in the whole termination process. I use a wave runner to
      pick me up, after I depower the kite. End up with a mess when I get back to
      the dock.

      Rick

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2006
        I don't think it's meant for "un-launching"

        It's meant to make launching successful so you don't have to "un-launch".

        Hung.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2006
          Dean,

          You can do anyone of the following before launching your kite:
          - Throw it back on to land
          - Attach it to an anchored floatie on water
          - Attach it to the side of your harness (the MINI version only)

          I simply attach the school mini Turbo Launcher to my harness while
          teaching and riding.

          Hung.

        • Dean Crowell
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2006
            OK I'll pick one up + a helmet after reading Rick Iossi's kite
            fatality report.

            Thanks, Dean

            Dean Crowell
            Asset Manager
            Artspace Projects, Inc.
            250 3rd Avenue North
            Suite 500
            Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401
            dean@...
            Direct Dial (612) 465-0232

          • dundee@cytanet.com.cy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 20, 2006
              Hiya Hung
              Searched yr report for a link to see what this miracle
              product looks like, but no joy - can yu send me a link, or
              photo?? This sounds just what I need for after work kiting
              when the beach preperation happens at high speed and yes,
              those line mix-ups do still ocurr.
              Cheers
              Gary (Cyprus)

            • hungvu2000@rogers.com