Re: [ksurf] advice for a girl that wants to go kiteboarding.

  • M Silva
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
      On 6/18/06 11:53 PM, "hungvu2000@..." <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

      > It's all depending on the wind.
      >
      > If there is no wind info, just go for a size 10m to 14m kite and 140 to
      > 150 cm board.
      >
      > Hung.
      >
      > makis "Principia" wrote:
      >
      >> >Not much to say...
      >> >she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
      >> >
      >> >any advice for the size of kite and board?

      Take lessons. All will be answered.

      --
      Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal
      education positively fortifies it.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 19, 2006
        how about this - Since your question shows you are not a trained instructor,-
        buy her lessons and be supportive.

        Whether she learns or not, at least your relationship will survive and grow
        stronger.
        Good Luck,
        Scott

      • makis "Principia"
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
          thanks for the reply but i never said i m an
          instructor, i just have a girl friend(not mine, just a
          friend) and i m asking in behalf of her.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
            Yes I see. that is what i wrote

            Girlfriend implies she is close to you,
            since she is Only a girl-friend,
            oh never mind.....

            --- LA2WNDSRF@... wrote:

            > how about this - Since your question shows you are
            > not a trained instructor,-
            > buy her lessons and be supportive.
            >
            > Whether she learns or not, at least your
            > relationship will survive and grow
            > stronger.
            > Good Luck,
            > Scott

            Scott
            Imagine Positive Experiences
            for Positive Changes
            Welcome to San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico - and your Source of
            Information

          • Lisa Moss
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
              As a 100 pound girl, I'd recommend a 9m bow/hybrid/SLE kite for her. My
              boyfriend is 140 pounds and he rides my kite (9m Boxer SLE) a lot too.
              Starting her off with a 9 or 10 meter would be your best bet and you can
              always add a bigger (12m) kite later for the light winds. Make sure you
              get her a kite with a lot of depower for safety - don't let her get an
              old used kite off ebay...you get what you pay for.

              As for a board, I would recommend something in the mid 130 range.

              And make sure she takes lessons! Here's a good place for some discounted
              Kiteboarding gear <http://www.mackiteboarding.com/sale.htm>

              Lisa