Re: [ksurf] advice for a girl that wants to go kiteboarding.

  • M Silva
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
      On 6/18/06 11:53 PM, "hungvu2000@..." <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

      > It's all depending on the wind.
      >
      > If there is no wind info, just go for a size 10m to 14m kite and 140 to
      > 150 cm board.
      >
      > Hung.
      >
      > makis "Principia" wrote:
      >
      >> >Not much to say...
      >> >she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
      >> >
      >> >any advice for the size of kite and board?

      Take lessons. All will be answered.

      --
      Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal
      education positively fortifies it.

    • makis "Principia"
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 19, 2006
        well the convertion is (using this link
        http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length)
        170 cm=5.577ft=66.93inch (using this
        http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length)

        55kgs=123pounds (using this
        http://home.earthlink.net/~sensei11/convert.htm)

        thanx for the answers.

        @hungvu
        the wind is about 4-6 knots

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 19, 2006
          how about this - Since your question shows you are not a trained instructor,-
          buy her lessons and be supportive.

          Whether she learns or not, at least your relationship will survive and grow
          stronger.
          Good Luck,
          Scott

        • makis "Principia"
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
            thanks for the reply but i never said i m an
            instructor, i just have a girl friend(not mine, just a
            friend) and i m asking in behalf of her.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
              Yes I see. that is what i wrote

              Girlfriend implies she is close to you,
              since she is Only a girl-friend,
              oh never mind.....

              --- LA2WNDSRF@... wrote:

              > how about this - Since your question shows you are
              > not a trained instructor,-
              > buy her lessons and be supportive.
              >
              > Whether she learns or not, at least your
              > relationship will survive and grow
              > stronger.
              > Good Luck,
              > Scott

              Scott
              Imagine Positive Experiences
              for Positive Changes
              Welcome to San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico - and your Source of
              Information

            • Lisa Moss
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                As a 100 pound girl, I'd recommend a 9m bow/hybrid/SLE kite for her. My
                boyfriend is 140 pounds and he rides my kite (9m Boxer SLE) a lot too.
                Starting her off with a 9 or 10 meter would be your best bet and you can
                always add a bigger (12m) kite later for the light winds. Make sure you
                get her a kite with a lot of depower for safety - don't let her get an
                old used kite off ebay...you get what you pay for.

                As for a board, I would recommend something in the mid 130 range.

                And make sure she takes lessons! Here's a good place for some discounted
                Kiteboarding gear <http://www.mackiteboarding.com/sale.htm>

                Lisa