Re: [ksurf] advice for a girl that wants to go kiteboarding.

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18 8:53 PM
      It's all depending on the wind.

      If there is no wind info, just go for a size 10m to 14m kite and 140 to
      150 cm board.

      Hung.

      makis "Principia" wrote:

      >Not much to say...
      >she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
      >
      >any advice for the size of kite and board?

      >http://mail.yahoo.com

    • M Silva
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 18 11:21 PM
        On 6/18/06 11:53 PM, "hungvu2000@..." <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

        > It's all depending on the wind.
        >
        > If there is no wind info, just go for a size 10m to 14m kite and 140 to
        > 150 cm board.
        >
        > Hung.
        >
        > makis "Principia" wrote:
        >
        >> >Not much to say...
        >> >she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
        >> >
        >> >any advice for the size of kite and board?

        Take lessons. All will be answered.

        --
        Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal
        education positively fortifies it.

      • makis "Principia"
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 19 1:05 AM
          well the convertion is (using this link
          http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length)
          170 cm=5.577ft=66.93inch (using this
          http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length)

          55kgs=123pounds (using this
          http://home.earthlink.net/~sensei11/convert.htm)

          thanx for the answers.

          @hungvu
          the wind is about 4-6 knots

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 19 9:53 AM
            how about this - Since your question shows you are not a trained instructor,-
            buy her lessons and be supportive.

            Whether she learns or not, at least your relationship will survive and grow
            stronger.
            Good Luck,
            Scott

          • makis "Principia"
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 20 10:05 AM
              thanks for the reply but i never said i m an
              instructor, i just have a girl friend(not mine, just a
              friend) and i m asking in behalf of her.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 20 10:27 PM
                Yes I see. that is what i wrote

                Girlfriend implies she is close to you,
                since she is Only a girl-friend,
                oh never mind.....

                --- LA2WNDSRF@... wrote:

                > how about this - Since your question shows you are
                > not a trained instructor,-
                > buy her lessons and be supportive.
                >
                > Whether she learns or not, at least your
                > relationship will survive and grow
                > stronger.
                > Good Luck,
                > Scott

                Scott
                Imagine Positive Experiences
                for Positive Changes
                Welcome to San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico - and your Source of
                Information

              • Lisa Moss
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                  As a 100 pound girl, I'd recommend a 9m bow/hybrid/SLE kite for her. My
                  boyfriend is 140 pounds and he rides my kite (9m Boxer SLE) a lot too.
                  Starting her off with a 9 or 10 meter would be your best bet and you can
                  always add a bigger (12m) kite later for the light winds. Make sure you
                  get her a kite with a lot of depower for safety - don't let her get an
                  old used kite off ebay...you get what you pay for.

                  As for a board, I would recommend something in the mid 130 range.

                  And make sure she takes lessons! Here's a good place for some discounted
                  Kiteboarding gear <http://www.mackiteboarding.com/sale.htm>

                  Lisa