Re: advice for a girl that wants to go kiteboarding.

  • Scott Thompson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "makis \"Principia\"" <billias77@...>
      wrote:

      > Not much to say...
      > she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
      >
      > any advice for the size of kite and board?

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      What is that in inches and pounds? Please, for us simpletons..

      Where are you living?

      ST
    • hungvu2000@rogers.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
        It's all depending on the wind.

        If there is no wind info, just go for a size 10m to 14m kite and 140 to
        150 cm board.

        Hung.

        makis "Principia" wrote:

        >Not much to say...
        >she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
        >
        >any advice for the size of kite and board?

        >http://mail.yahoo.com

      • M Silva
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
          On 6/18/06 11:53 PM, "hungvu2000@..." <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

          > It's all depending on the wind.
          >
          > If there is no wind info, just go for a size 10m to 14m kite and 140 to
          > 150 cm board.
          >
          > Hung.
          >
          > makis "Principia" wrote:
          >
          >> >Not much to say...
          >> >she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
          >> >
          >> >any advice for the size of kite and board?

          Take lessons. All will be answered.

          --
          Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal
          education positively fortifies it.

        • makis "Principia"
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 19, 2006
            well the convertion is (using this link
            http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length)
            170 cm=5.577ft=66.93inch (using this
            http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length)

            55kgs=123pounds (using this
            http://home.earthlink.net/~sensei11/convert.htm)

            thanx for the answers.

            @hungvu
            the wind is about 4-6 knots

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 19, 2006
              how about this - Since your question shows you are not a trained instructor,-
              buy her lessons and be supportive.

              Whether she learns or not, at least your relationship will survive and grow
              stronger.
              Good Luck,
              Scott

            • makis "Principia"
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
                thanks for the reply but i never said i m an
                instructor, i just have a girl friend(not mine, just a
                friend) and i m asking in behalf of her.

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
                  Yes I see. that is what i wrote

                  Girlfriend implies she is close to you,
                  since she is Only a girl-friend,
                  oh never mind.....

                  --- LA2WNDSRF@... wrote:

                  > how about this - Since your question shows you are
                  > not a trained instructor,-
                  > buy her lessons and be supportive.
                  >
                  > Whether she learns or not, at least your
                  > relationship will survive and grow
                  > stronger.
                  > Good Luck,
                  > Scott

                  Scott
                  Imagine Positive Experiences
                  for Positive Changes
                  Welcome to San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico - and your Source of
                  Information

                • Lisa Moss
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                    As a 100 pound girl, I'd recommend a 9m bow/hybrid/SLE kite for her. My
                    boyfriend is 140 pounds and he rides my kite (9m Boxer SLE) a lot too.
                    Starting her off with a 9 or 10 meter would be your best bet and you can
                    always add a bigger (12m) kite later for the light winds. Make sure you
                    get her a kite with a lot of depower for safety - don't let her get an
                    old used kite off ebay...you get what you pay for.

                    As for a board, I would recommend something in the mid 130 range.

                    And make sure she takes lessons! Here's a good place for some discounted
                    Kiteboarding gear <http://www.mackiteboarding.com/sale.htm>

                    Lisa