advice for a girl that wants to go kiteboarding.

  • makis "Principia"
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
      Not much to say...
      she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,

      any advice for the size of kite and board?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Scott Thompson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "makis \"Principia\"" <billias77@...>
        wrote:

        > Not much to say...
        > she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
        >
        > any advice for the size of kite and board?

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        What is that in inches and pounds? Please, for us simpletons..

        Where are you living?

        ST
      • hungvu2000@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
          It's all depending on the wind.

          If there is no wind info, just go for a size 10m to 14m kite and 140 to
          150 cm board.

          Hung.

          makis "Principia" wrote:

          >Not much to say...
          >she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
          >
          >any advice for the size of kite and board?

          >http://mail.yahoo.com

        • M Silva
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
            On 6/18/06 11:53 PM, "hungvu2000@..." <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

            > It's all depending on the wind.
            >
            > If there is no wind info, just go for a size 10m to 14m kite and 140 to
            > 150 cm board.
            >
            > Hung.
            >
            > makis "Principia" wrote:
            >
            >> >Not much to say...
            >> >she is 1,70 cm tall and weights aboutt 55kgs,
            >> >
            >> >any advice for the size of kite and board?

            Take lessons. All will be answered.

            --
            Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal
            education positively fortifies it.

          • makis "Principia"
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 19, 2006
              well the convertion is (using this link
              http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length)
              170 cm=5.577ft=66.93inch (using this
              http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length)

              55kgs=123pounds (using this
              http://home.earthlink.net/~sensei11/convert.htm)

              thanx for the answers.

              @hungvu
              the wind is about 4-6 knots

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 19, 2006
                how about this - Since your question shows you are not a trained instructor,-
                buy her lessons and be supportive.

                Whether she learns or not, at least your relationship will survive and grow
                stronger.
                Good Luck,
                Scott

              • makis "Principia"
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
                  thanks for the reply but i never said i m an
                  instructor, i just have a girl friend(not mine, just a
                  friend) and i m asking in behalf of her.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 20, 2006
                    Yes I see. that is what i wrote

                    Girlfriend implies she is close to you,
                    since she is Only a girl-friend,
                    oh never mind.....

                    --- LA2WNDSRF@... wrote:

                    > how about this - Since your question shows you are
                    > not a trained instructor,-
                    > buy her lessons and be supportive.
                    >
                    > Whether she learns or not, at least your
                    > relationship will survive and grow
                    > stronger.
                    > Good Luck,
                    > Scott

                    Scott
                    Imagine Positive Experiences
                    for Positive Changes
                    Welcome to San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico - and your Source of
                    Information

                  • Lisa Moss
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                      As a 100 pound girl, I'd recommend a 9m bow/hybrid/SLE kite for her. My
                      boyfriend is 140 pounds and he rides my kite (9m Boxer SLE) a lot too.
                      Starting her off with a 9 or 10 meter would be your best bet and you can
                      always add a bigger (12m) kite later for the light winds. Make sure you
                      get her a kite with a lot of depower for safety - don't let her get an
                      old used kite off ebay...you get what you pay for.

                      As for a board, I would recommend something in the mid 130 range.

                      And make sure she takes lessons! Here's a good place for some discounted
                      Kiteboarding gear <http://www.mackiteboarding.com/sale.htm>

                      Lisa