Re: [ksurf] Kiteboat launching

  • Joe Dominguez
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6 7:29 AM
      I find it easier/safer for some to hold the kite on the boat and for the
      kiter to jump in the water and unroll the bar as they are drifting away,
      that way the kite is always under control.

      ------------------------------------
      http://www.NeWind.org

      From: hungvu2000@...
      Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 07:53:13 -0400
      To: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ksurf] Kiteboat launching

      Here is what I think may work for kite launching from the boat:

      1- Prepare the kite, bar, lines and pre-inflate the struts on land.
      Connect the lines to the kite and roll the lines into a Turbo Launcher.
      Roll the kites in with the strut inflated.
      2- Get on the boat with the kite rolled up and get the boat out in
      open water (using paddle or engine)
      3- Attached the kite to the downwind side of the boat via the pump
      leash and inflat the LE.
      4- Attached the chicken loop to the boat and release the kite and
      let it drift downwind (similar to a typical drift launching sequence
      using the Turbo Launcher).
      5- Launch the kite from the water

      It works best for a flat kite as it is easier to relaunch and also one
      can depower it fully once it relaunched.

      Let me know what you think.

      We will try it the next time we're out.

      Hung.