Re: [ksurf] Re: Kiteboating

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2006
      I also thought of attaching a kite to a hobie cat that I had. It got
      destroyed in a hurricane but I was going to connect it with a continuous loop
      traveler so that it could be moved from side to side and kept there.

      For boat launching to kite board or to kite boat. layout the lines and wind
      up one side until the kite is sideways. Then wind all of the lines together
      from that point. Fill up the kite, and let it drift down wind. If you let
      the kite and lines out with the lines going through a rope or bar with 4 or 5
      caribiners you can be sure that there are no twists between the kite and the
      caribiners. When all the lines are let out you can untwist the bar if there
      are any twists. Once you are ready, take the lines out of the caribiners and
      unwind the last segment of line... the kite should be ready to water launch.
      George