Crossbow bridle pulley modification

  • ekulst
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14 7:00 PM
      Interested to see if anyone on the list has tried the bridle
      modifications recently described for the Crossbow. I just performed
      the modification described in the second link below; it was easy to
      do, but I haven't had any wind the last few days to get out yet...

      http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2322178&start=30

      http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2324595&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=crossbow+bar+pressure&start=20

      Erik
    • bhsu24
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15 1:18 AM
        I moded my 12 crossbow a couple weeks ago and i love it very much less
        bar pressure as well as a pretty significant turning speed.

        bryan

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "ekulst" <ekulst@...> wrote:

        > Interested to see if anyone on the list has tried the bridle
        > modifications recently described for the Crossbow. I just performed
        > the modification described in the second link below; it was easy to
        > do, but I haven't had any wind the last few days to get out yet...
        >

        > http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2322178&start=30

        http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2324595&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=crossbow+bar+pressure&start=20

        > Erik

      • Jan W Couhig
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15 1:09 PM
          I did the mod. The Xbow is an incredible kite with the mod! Without
          it, there is way too much bar pressure.

          The kites are advancing all the time. I wonder just how good they can
          get.

          I saw a contra this weekend. It had one pump, better construction, and
          the same mod stock.

          I can emagin that if the tech keeps getting better, there are going to
          be spinoff sports that are related, but not exactly the same thing as
          kiteboarding.

          It's like the evolution of a species to flight. I can't help but have
          that go through my head everytime I send the Xbow, and sheet in.

          Homo Sapien -> Homo Legaignaut